The Age of Discoveries
16 days / 15 nights
South Of Spain & Portugal from Lisbon to Madrid
- Nov-05, 2020
- Mar-25, 2021
- May-06, 2021
- Jun-10, 2021
The Ages of Discoveries was one of the most fascinating periods in history and both Spain and Portugal were ready to navigate the Atlantic to find the short cut way to the Indies. Learning first about the Portuguese sailors, their exploration of the African shoreline down Cape Town and then crossing to Spain and visiting Seville or Cadiz, both cities that kept the trading monopoly with America for centuries, starting point of many adventures and explores as Magellan. Exploring the National Park of Doñana and its wildlife and Marismas, getting the feeling of the “Carabelas”, visiting the famous Rock of Gibraltar, the symbolic point of departure for European navigators or visiting the Spanish Navy Museum in Madrid are some of the secrets that we will love to share with you. This is an excellent educational journey but not only through its history, but also through its gastronomy learning also about the secrets of the olives and its influence in the Iberian cuisine and the difference between a Sherry and a Rioja wine or about the tradition of Tapas. It will be a memorable experience and so much fun.
- Lisbon (2 nights)
- Sintra, Cascáis, Estoril, Sagres (1 night)
- Palos de la Frontera, Mazagón (1 night)
- Seville (3 nights)
- Parque Doñana, Seville (3 nights)
- Jerez, Cádiz (2 nights)
- Tarifa, Gibraltar, Málaga (1 night)
- Granada (1 night)
- Madrid (1 night)
- Learn about one of the most fascinating periods in the history of the Iberian peninsula from the navigators and explorers to the discovery of the New World and its highlights to the circumnavigation of the world by Magellan and the unknown Basque Elcano, to the prosperity of the cities.
- Get close to the Portuguese culture, from its cuisine to its sophisticated wines to the fados and its Saudade.
- Stop by the further westerns points in Europe facing the Atlantic as the old sailors and explorers did.
- Visit the National Park of Doñana with wildlife experts.
- What about getting Ferry across the Gibraltar Strait to Tangier: cooking classes, kasbah experience, free time and overnight in the real “ Casablanca”, north Africa.
- This is a slow pace journey, our goal is that traveler will have free time to enjoy the best-selected spots.
- Learn about the flamenco music, traditions and influences from the cradle of Jerez to the caves of the Albayzin in Granada and its name, flamenco, not a flamingo.
- Exclusive visits and activities along the journey.
- Pre nights in Lisbon: For those wishing to arrive in Lisbon a day or two early, OST has reserved a limited number of rooms upon request.
- Post nights in Madrid: For those wishing to add extra nights or tours at the end of the trip in Madrid, we can make you the reservations upon request.
- The cost per night will include a private transfer upon arrival in Lisbon. Departure private transfer can be also confirmed upon request.
Contact Us and for a more detailed program while checking the dates and get ready for your next trip joining one of our small and friendly groups on your next adventure!
€ 2900(*) The prices are per person based on a shared room.
- 15-night First-Class accommodation
- OST expert Group Leader
- Private motorcoach transportation throughout the entire journey
- Sightseeing tours in the mentioned cities as noted in the itinerary
- Admissions fees as noted in the itinerary
- Expert local guides for private visits
- Sherry wine Bodega visit and tasting in Jerez
- Flamenco and Fado performance experiences throughout the itinerary
- Ferry tickets to Tangier (Morocco)
- Welcome and Farewell dinners. Other meals according to the program
- Daily Buffet breakfast
- All Taxes (VAT)
- International flights
- Travel Insurance or any passport or visa fees
- Additional services at Hotels as laundry, Ironing services, etc.
- Beverages and drinks other than coffee, tea and water
- Meals not specified in the program.
At Ole Spain, we treat each group individually. Our experienced team has over twenty-five years of experience in creating successful tours of the Iberian Peninsula for small and large groups.
- Ideal for small and large groups
- Flexibility in scheduling and budget
- We can book all your transportation and accommodations
- A licensed tour escort will accompany your group throughout your stay
We can provide 20 to 60 seat deluxe charter buses to transport your group in style. We work only with experienced transportation companies that have excellent safety records. Our buses can take you around a single city or provide transportation for the entire tour.
(*) Booking Conditions:
Please use our Custom Travel Form to share your travel needs with us. The more detail you provide, the closer we can come to creating the perfect trip. Once we receive your initial travel information we will respond to you within two working days with a suggested itinerary, tours and accommodations, along with a quote for the total cost. We'll continue to work with you as needed until you agree that you have the perfect trip. In most cases, at that time, we will ask for a 25% deposit by credit card or wire transfer and will begin making all reservations.Full payment is due 15 days before your arrival, either by credit card or wire transfer.
(*) Cancellation Policy:
If you cancel at least 15 days before your scheduled arrival, we will refund 40% of the deposit. If you cancel less than 15 days before your scheduled arrival we cannot refund the deposit. If you have already paid in full, we will provide a refund minus the deposit