The North of Spain & Portugal
15 days / 14 nights
From Barcelona to Lisbon across Northern Spain
NEXT DEPARTURES 2021-2022:
- September-10, 2021
- October-16. 2021
- March-11, 2022
- April-07, 2022
- May-13, 2022
- June-10, 2022
This route is designed to break with traditional tours, to present a Spain that most people do not know exists. A Spain of high mountains, snow-capped peaks, green meadows and gastronomy that is considered by many experts to be among the best and most varied of Europe. From the Mediterranean shores of Barcelona to the Pyrenees where we will stroll the ancient roads of the millenary Camino to Santiago, from the vineyards of the Rioja to the pintxos of the Basque Country and its cuisine, from the rock art painting caves to the Finis Terrae in Galicia before arriving in Portugal, the oldest country in Europe, where you will sip some of the Douro river wines to the Tagus river estuary in Lisbon, consider one of the most fascinating cities in the world where we will finish this journey.
- Barcelona, Lérida, Huesca, Jaca (2 nights)
- Parque Ordesa, Pamplona (1 night)
- Elizondo, Vera de Bidasoa, San Sebastián (2 nights)
- Bilbao, Santander (2 nights)
- Comillas, Santillana del Mar (1 night)
- San Vicente de la Barquera, Potes, Gijón (1 night)
- Ribadeo, Santiago de Compostela (2 nights)
- Rías Bajas, Porto (2 nights)
- Lisbon (2 nights)
- Learn about one of the most fascinating periods in art and architecture history of the Iberian peninsula from the pre-Romanesque fortress and Monasteries in the mountains of Asturias and the Pyrenees to the Gothic, Renaissance and contemporary buildings made by architects such as Frank Gehry, Openmaier or Gaudi, etc…
- Meet along the trip with pilgrims coming on their way to Santiago de Compostela, which celebrates during the 2011 its holy year.
- Explore the Cantabrian Seashore visiting from the most known sea resort cities such as San Sebastian, Santander or Gijon to the most beautiful landscapes and Fishman towns such as Santillana del Mar, Cudillero, San Vicente del Mar or Viveiro.
- Explore two of the main national parks in Spain, one the Parque Nacional de Ordesa in the Pyrenees and the other, the oldest National Park in Europe and the largest in extension, the Picos de Europa National Park
- Learning about Basque culinary traditions including private visits to the txokos, traditional only-men private rooms where they cook, eat and talk.
- Visiting several cheese-making factories and learn about its process from monasteries in Cantabria to the cheesemakers in the Basque Country
- Visit I the traditional cider houses in the Basque Country and Asturias. Cider is considered its main popular drink
- Get close to the Portuguese culture, from its cuisine to its sophisticated Porto or Alentejo wines to the fados and its saudade.
- This is slow pace travel, our goal is that traveller will have free time to enjoy the best-selected spots.
- Pre nights in Barcelona: For those wishing to arrive in Lisbon a day or two early, OST has reserved a limited number of rooms upon request.
- Post nights in Lisbon: For those wishing to add extra nights or tours at the end of the trip in Lisbon, we can make you the reservations upon request.
- The cost per night will include a private transfer upon arrival in Barcelona. Departure private transfer can be also confirmed upon request.
€ 2050(*) The prices are per person based on a shared room.
- 14- night First-Class accommodation
- OST Expert Group Leader
- Private motorcoach transportation throughout the entire journey
- Sightseeing tours in the mentioned cities as noted in the itinerary
- Admissions fees as noted in the itinerary
- Expert local guides for private visits
- Rioja, Ribera del Duero vineyard exploring and tasting
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Welcome and Farewell dinners. Other meals according to the program
- All taxes (VAT)
- International flights
- Travel Insurance or any passport or visa fees
- Additional services at Hotels as laundry, Ironing services, etc.
- Beverages and drinks other than coffee, tea and water
- Meals not specified in the program.
At Ole Spain, we treat each group individually. Our experienced team has over twenty-five years of experience in creating successful tours of the Iberian Peninsula for small and large groups.
- Ideal for small and large groups
- Flexibility in scheduling and budget
- We can book all your transportation and accommodations
- A licensed tour escort will accompany your group throughout your stay
We can provide 20 to 60 seat deluxe charter buses to transport your group in style. We work only with experienced transportation companies that have excellent safety records. Our buses can take you around a single city or provide transportation for the entire tour.
(*) Booking Conditions:
Please use our Custom Travel Form to share your travel needs with us. The more detail you provide, the closer we can come to creating the perfect trip. Once we receive your initial travel information we will respond to you within two working days with a suggested itinerary, tours and accommodations, along with a quote for the total cost. We'll continue to work with you as needed until you agree that you have the perfect trip. In most cases, at that time, we will ask for a 25% deposit by credit card or wire transfer and will begin making all reservations.Full payment is due 15 days before your arrival, either by credit card or wire transfer.
(*) Cancellation Policy:
If you cancel at least 15 days before your scheduled arrival, we will refund 40% of the deposit. If you cancel less than 15 days before your scheduled arrival we cannot refund the deposit. If you have already paid in full, we will provide a refund minus the deposit.