Mediterranean & Andalusia
8 days / 7 nights
Starts: Barcelona | Ends: Malaga/Madrid
Travel When you Want With Us!
Selected Travel Plans in Spain by Train for You!
From the flavours and the salty air of the Mediterranean to the Magic of the Legendary Andalusian Lands.
In the same journey, you will travel from the breathtaking heart of the Mediterranean to the old and historic cities of magical Andalusia. In Valencia, you will see Gothic architecture from the past in the city center and where once was a river, now you will find the sophisticated Science Museum and a new city known as the City of the Arts, some nice pavilions and a Concert Hall. Then, situated in the interior of Andalusia where past and modernity blend in together, you will visit Cordoba. This thousand-year-old city, which has the World Heritage designation, is a living legacy of the different cultures that settled here throughout its history. you will visit one of the largest and most ancient mosques, with its forests of columns and arches and the Patio de Los Naranjos where the Muslims used to carry out their ablutions before prayers. Seville is one of the most beautiful cities in Spain which has a rich Moorish heritage and used to be a prosperous port that carried out trade with the Americas. The streets and squares in the historic quarter of the capital of Andalusia are lively and busy. Then in Granada, you will discover the famous Alhambra, one of the most impressive and best-conserved monuments of the Arabic World. This romantic palace, in reality, a compendium of various constructions of distinct periods and styles, has captivated the imagination of all those who have visited it during its 600 years of existence.
NOTE: This is a custom train & hotel package.
We will provide you with our section of accommodations on each city combined with the train tickets, private guided walking tours and other services upon request.
SUGGESTED ITINERARYBarcelona – Valencia – Córdoba – Granada – Seville -Málaga/Madrid
Day 1, Barcelona / Valencia
Your journey will start when our driver will pick you up at your Hotel to transfer you to the Barcelona train station to take a train to Valencia, a city who represents the heart of the Mediterranean in so many ways. After arriving and checking in at the selected Hotel, you will enjoy a private guided tour to stroll around and see the Gothic architecture of past times in the city’s historic center. You will have the option to enter the Cathedral and its famous bell tower, known as the “Miguelete” and the Lonja de la Seda (Silk Exchange), two of the most representative sites in Valencia. Leisure time. Overnight stay.
Day 2, Valencia
Breakfast. Free day to enjoy Valencia and its many options such as the Aquarium and the futurist City of Arts and Sciences. You will have a great day at the vast marine center there, where animals from all the oceans of the world can be seen at close quarters. You can also go and see an audiovisual show in an eye-shaped building, and then go and perform scientific experiments at the Príncipe Felipe Museum. You can also go to the beach if times permits. Overnight stay.
Day 3, Valencia / Cordoba / Seville
Breakfast. Today you must take the morning train to Cordoba, the ancient Muslim capital of Spain during the Middle Ages. Upon arrival, you will enjoy a private walking tour to stroll over the old quarter and visit the Mosque, today the former Cathedral of Cordoba and one of the nicest jewels, where we will learn about the caliphate of Cordoba, its architectural style and what happened in Cordoba in the year 1000. After the guided visit and some free time, go to the train station to take a train to Seville, the beautiful capital of Andalusia where you will overnight.
Day 4, Seville
Breakfast. This morning you will meet our local guide to enjoy a walking tour of the most evocative sites of Seville over the ancient squares of the antique Jewish section of Santa Cruz. You will enter (visit included) in the sumptuous royal palace, the Royal Alcazares, the oldest in Europe, and in the Cathedral, the third-largest Christian cathedral and site of Christopher Columbus´ tomb. Free afternoon to explore the city. Overnight stay.
Day 5, Seville / Granada
Breakfast. Today you will move to Granadataking the morning train. After checking in at the selected Hotel, you will enjoy the rest of day at your leisure to walk through the Albayzín neighbourhood, the Sacromonte, and to visit the Cathedral, the Royal Chapel or the Plaza Nueva. Overnight stay in Granada.
Day 6, Granada
Breakfast. Then, attend to the entrance of the Alhambra to meet our local guide with who you will enjoy a guided visit of the Palaces and its gardens, one of the main wonders of the world; an Arab military structure that was transformed in a city that 25.000 people lived with beautiful palaces and gardens during the 13,14 and 15th centuries. This romantic palace, a compendium of various constructions of distinct periods and styles, has captivated the imagination of all those who have visited it during its 600 years of existence This ¨ red ¨ palace was built by the Nasrid dynasty. Free afternoon. Overnight stay in Granada.
Day 7, Granada / Madrid
Breakfast. This morning takes the train to return to Madrid. After arriving and checking in at the selected hotel you will have the rest of afternoon free. Overnight stay.
Day 8, Madrid
Breakfast. Then, our driver will pick you up at your Hotel to transfer you to the Madrid Airport to embark and take your flight back home. End of the services.
- These Spain by Train programs are designed for couples, families and small groups of friends mostly.
- These programs are custom packages that include selected charming hotels in the city centers, arrival and departure private transfers, high-speed train tickets between the cities, local expert guides for private guided walking tours and taxes.
- We do not offer just train tickets, just private tours or just one-night accommodations, as those are packages with a minimum service we will consider. Feel free to contact if you have any questions.
- As experts, we will always recommend the minimum of nights you should stay in each city, once we hear from you and your interests
- You can start the day you want, and you can extend your stay as much as you want. It is important that the days we suggest you stay in each city are a good average for first-time visitors, but you can always extend your stay as you want.
- You will have a feeling of freedom during your stay, but you will have our team behind 24 hours.
- Our expert local guides will inform you specifically about what to do in each city and where to go for your leisure time. Feel comfortable an ask them any questions you might consider. They are the perfect insiders and will love to help you to find what you are looking for.
- We do hope to hear from you and your interest so we can start planning your custom package from the very beginning.
Optional hotels extensions or private guide and chauffeur services as a well as extending your stay with us connecting with other cities, renting a car to follow a suggested self-drive program or relaxing by the Mediterranean with excursions to natural areas before ending your trip is something that we will love to offer you at any time.
- Let us know if you are interested to connect with other destinations or any travel assistance you may need.
Contact Us and for a more detailed program while checking the dates and get ready for your next trip joining one of our small and friendly groups on your next adventure!
€ 1100(*) The prices are per person based on a double/twin room.
- Barcelona, Valencia (2 Nights),
- Cordoba, Seville (2 Nights),
- Granada (2 Nights),
- Madrid (1 Night).
- (*) Optional Extra nights in Malaga (2 Nights).
- (*) As experts we recommend a minimum of 7 nights.
- 7 Nights accommodation in centrally located charming hotels according to the program/ your interest
- Expert local guides for the walking tours in each city
- Admissions fees
- Daily buffet breakfast
- High-Speed AVE Train tickets between the cities
- All taxes
- International flights
- Travel Insurance or any passport or visa fees
- Additional services at Hotels as laundry, Ironing services, etc.
This train packages include a minimum of six nights from where you can start adding or not extra nights or services. All have in common the train tickets, a careful selection of charming hotels in the historical centers and private guided tours in the hands of our insider experts. You can depart any day you want. All the admissions to the main museums and monuments are included as well.
(*) Booking Conditions:
Please use our Custom Travel Form to share your travel needs with us. The more detail you provide, the closer we can come to creating the perfect trip. Once we receive your initial travel information we will respond to you within two working days with a suggested itinerary, tours and accommodations, along with a quote for the total cost. We'll continue to work with you as needed until you agree that you have the perfect trip. In most cases, at that time, we will ask for a 25% deposit by credit card or wire transfer and will begin making all reservations.Full payment is due 15 days before your arrival, either by credit card or wire transfer.
(*) Cancellation Policy:
If you cancel at least 15 days before your scheduled arrival, we will refund 40% of the deposit. If you cancel less than 15 days before your scheduled arrival we cannot refund the deposit. If you have already paid in full, we will provide a refund minus the deposit.