Hiking in Andalusia
13 days /12 nights
A journey across history & Nature
NEXT DEPARTURES 2021-2022:
- September- 19, 2021
- October-24, 2021
- November-07, 2021
- February-13, 2022
- Mar-06, 2022
- April-03, 2022
- May-08, 2022
Our paths through southern Spain seem to lead back in time — into the ancient hills rising from the countryside and into hidden towns and historic cities where a mixed culture still thrives. From our starting point in Malaga, our route traverses a landscape of olive groves, almond and fruit orchards, rushing mountain streams, and lush valleys. Gorgeous national parks grace our journey, including Sierra de Grazalema, and the Alcornocales Natural Park as we wander into tiny Pueblos Blancos (white villages) tucked neatly into mountainsides. Reaching Seville — home to flamenco, tapas, and bullfighting — we embrace this destination of dazzling beauty, history, and cultural richness. The bustling Barrio de Santa Cruz, the millennium-old Alcazar Palace, and stylish, ornate buildings enhance the sense that we have stepped back into a glorious past. From Granada, home of the legendary Alhambra Palace — an architectural masterpiece marking the twilight of the Moorish period — we venture into the pastoral land of the Alpujarra mountains, a marvellous setting that contains numerous springs and thermal waters which offer therapeutic properties.
Our accommodations offer authentic encounters with the Andalusian way of life as we relax in the heart of medieval mountain villages and historic enclaves. The cuisine is stellar and satisfying.
- Málaga – Ronda – Arcos de la Frontera (5 nights)
- Alcorconales Natural Park, Jerez, Grazalema Natural Park, Cadiz, Seville, Aracena (4 nights)
- Doñana Natural Park, Aracena Natural Park, Córdoba, Antequera Natural Park, Granada (3 nights)
- Huetor Natural Park, Alpujarra Natural Park
- This hiking program explores the most important natural reserves and national parks in southern Spain, Andalusia region.
- This program is focused on nature and the rural lifestyle, staying in small white village towns such as Arcos de la Frontera or Aracena rather than in cities such as Seville or Malaga. We keep Granada for its proximity to the Alpujarras and Sierra Nevada Natural reserves and for its atmosphere. Our accommodation will be always sustainable and with local atmosphere and charm
- We won't forget the history and art while we will visit its main cities and monuments like the Alhambra in Granada or the Cathedral of Seville,…
- We will focus our visits and hikes in the Natural Reserve areas and National parks to learn about its unique flora as the pinsapo tree or the alcornoque (Cork tree) or fauna as the Iberian linx and learn about its wildlife.
- The perfect combination between the walking tours inside the medieval cities with the slow pace hikes inside the Andalusian natural reserves
- We invite you to discover and click over the itinerary and learn more about the Natural reserves and its descriptions.
- This is a slow pace journey, our goal is that traveler will have free time to enjoy the best-selected spots.
- As this is a special hiking program that has its own specifics, we will be very glad to send you more detailed information once we will hear about your interest: hiking levels, etc. But do not be afraid, as this itinerary had been planned for everyone who has a good attitude and loves to walk. Nothing is impossible!
- Previous nights in Malaga: For those wishing to arrive in Malaga a day or two early, OST has reserved a limited number of rooms upon request.
- Post nights in Malaga: For those wishing to add extra nights or tours at the end of the trip in Malaga, we can make you the reservations upon request.
- The cost per night will include a private transfer upon arrival in Malaga.
- Departure private transfer can be also confirmed upon request.
€ 1980(*) The prices are per person based on a shared room.
- 12- night Charming hotels in the White Villages of Andalusia and Granada.
- OST Expert Tour Leader
- Private motorcoach transportation throughout the entire journey
- Walking tours in the mentioned cities as noted in the itinerary
- Hiking through the Natural reserves and National Parks in Andalusia as noted in the itinerary
- Admissions fees as noted in the itinerary
- Expert local guides for the natural reserves and parks
- Exploring the Andalusian vineyards and wines such as Sherry, Olorosos, Amontillados…
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Welcome and Farewell dinners. Other meals according to the program
- All taxes (VAT)
- International flights
- Travel Insurance or any passport or visa fees
- Additional services at Hotels as laundry, Ironing services, etc.
- Beverages and drinks other than coffee, tea and water
- Meals not specified in the program.
At Ole Spain, we treat each group individually. Our experienced team has over twenty-five years of experience in creating successful tours of the Iberian Peninsula for small and large groups.
- Ideal for small and large groups
- Flexibility in scheduling and budget
- We can book all your transportation and accommodations
- A licensed tour escort will accompany your group throughout your stay
We can provide 20 to 60 seat deluxe charter buses to transport your group in style. We work only with experienced transportation companies that have excellent safety records. Our buses can take you around a single city or provide transportation for the entire tour.
(*) Booking Conditions:
Please use our Custom Travel Form to share your travel needs with us. The more detail you provide, the closer we can come to creating the perfect trip. Once we receive your initial travel information we will respond to you within two working days with a suggested itinerary, tours and accommodations, along with a quote for the total cost. We'll continue to work with you as needed until you agree that you have the perfect trip. In most cases, at that time, we will ask for a 25% deposit by credit card or wire transfer and will begin making all reservations.Full payment is due 15 days before your arrival, either by credit card or wire transfer.
(*) Cancellation Policy:
If you cancel at least 15 days before your scheduled arrival, we will refund 40% of the deposit. If you cancel less than 15 days before your scheduled arrival we cannot refund the deposit. If you have already paid in full, we will provide a refund minus the deposit.