From Málaga to Granada – 13 days / 12 nights
Our paths through southern Spain seem to lead back in time — into the ancient hills rising from the countryside and into hidden towns and historic cities where a mixed culture still thrives. From our starting point in Malaga, our route traverses a landscape of olive groves, almond and fruit orchards, rushing mountain streams, and lush valleys. Gorgeous national parks grace our journey, including Sierra de Grazalema, and the Alcornocales Natural Park as we wander into tiny pueblos blancos (white villages) tucked neatly into mountain sides. Reaching Seville — home to flamenco, tapas, and bullfighting — we embrace this destination of dazzling beauty, history, and cultural richness. The bustling Barrio de Santa Cruz, the millennium-old Alcazar Palace, and stylish, ornate buildings enhance the sense that we have stepped back into a glorious past. From Granada, home of the legendary Alhambra Palace — an architectural masterpiece marking the twilight of the Moorish period — we venture into the pastoral land of the Alpujarra mountains, a marvelous setting that contains numerous springs and thermal waters which offer therapeutic properties.
Our accommodations offer authentic encounters with the Andalusian way of life as we relax in the heart of medieval mountain villages and historic enclaves. The cuisine is stellar and satisfying.
Málaga – Ronda – Arcos de la Frontera (5 nights), Alcorconales Natural Park, Jerez, Grazalema Natural Park, Cadiz, Seville, Aracena (4 nights), Doñana Natural Park, Aracena Natural Park, Córdoba, Antequera Natural Park, Granada (3 nights), Huetor Natural Park, Alpujarra Natural Park.
12 March 2019 – Available
20 September 2019 – Available
24 October 2019 – Available
Price per person from 1.980 Euros
- Private Deluxe Bus for the entire itinerary
- English speaking Group Leader for the entire itinerary
- Expert English-speaking guides for private visits in Seville, Cordoba & Granada
- Private Excursions to Jerez, Cádiz and Doñana Park
- Entrances included: Jerez: Wine tasting in a wine cellar – Seville: Cathedral & Royal Alcazar – Cordoba: Mosque Cathedral – Granada: Alhambra Palace, Nasrid Palace & Generalife Gardens
- 2 picnic Lunch
- 5 dinners
- 1 farewell Dinner
- Daily Breakfast
- 12 nights accommodations in 3 / 4 stars Hotels.