Gourmet Tour of Spain & Morocco – 14 days / 13 nights
Three thousand years ago, the Gibraltar Strait was the end of the known world and after crossing it became darkness and mysteries. Just fourteen km separates Europe from Africa. A very short distance but in many ways a very long one too. However, the people who lives in both sides of the Strait have many common years of history and traditions.
With regard to the cuisine, one factor to be singled out is the great influence of the Arab culture on Andalusian food: the use of rice, lemon, and plenty of vegetables which give many of dishes a distinctive flavor. Also typical in this region is the braised meat, sauces flavored with cumins and saffron, and almond paste.
We cannot forget to mention the olive oil, one of the secret condiments for both Andalusian and Spanish cuisine, which is produced mainly in this region. The familiar «tapas» are an original Andalusian invention and you will find plenty of them in bars throughout the region.
As to the wine which must accompany these delicious dishes, let us mention the varieties of Sherry wines: » Jerez«, «Fino«, «Oloroso» located and produced exclusively in the in all the area.
The spices and characteristics in common and also its differences today through its history and cooking is what we are proposing on this trip. In the hands of expert chefs but also in the hands of local women and men who will teach us some secrets of how to prepare the best cus-cus or the famous Paella.
Málaga, Granada (3 nights), La Alpujarra, Ronda (1 night), Seville (2 nights), Tarifa, Tangier (1 night), Asilah, Fez (2 nights), Chefchaouen (1 night), Tangier, Tarifa, Cádiz (2 nights), Málaga (1 night)
05 March – Available
17 September 2019 – Available
Price per person from 2.690 Euros
- Deluxe Bus Transfer for the entire itinerary
- English Speaking Group Leader for the entire itinerary
- Expert English-speaking Guides
- Private Visits in Granada, Seville, Fez & Cadiz
- Cooking Classes with expert Chefs according to the program
- Private Visit to a wine cellar in Jerez
- Private Visit to the Alhambra Palace & Generelife Gadens
- 1 Welcome Dinner in Granada with Flamenco Show
- 1 Farewell Dinner in Malaga
- Daily Breakfast
- 13 nights accommodation in 4 stars Hotels.